WANTED: Enthusiastic and motivated people to join Team PP in Edinburgh.
Listen up. This August we’re super pleased to be returning to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe with ROUNDABOUT. From 5 – 28 August, ROUNDABOUT will pop up in the courtyard of Edinburgh’s Summerhall and house a season of extraordinary work all performed in a thrilling 360 degree setting.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re seeking people who are engaged, open and fans of new writing to work across two teams for the duration of the festival. These teams are:
- Visitor Services
- Street Team
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO DO?
– Flyering and postering around Edinburgh (come rain or shine).
– Talking to the public about the shows.
– Sticking up and stapling reviews.
– Being an enthusiastic ambassador for Roundabout and the shows.
– Welcoming audience members into Roundabout.
– Taking tickets and seating audience members.
– Managing latecomers.
– Troubleshooting and being the point of contact in the event of an evacuation.
HOW MUCH WILL YOU BE PAID?
You will be paid an hourly rate depending on your age:
– £6 per hour for 18- 20 year olds.
– £7 per hour for 20- 25 year olds.
– £7.20 per hour for 25 and over.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
– We pay above minimum wage.
– Training from Paines Plough’s and Summerhall’s dedicated and experienced Fringe team to perform your role to the best of your ability.
– A Summerhall Pass, which permits the holder free entry to all shows in the Summerhall programme, provided they’re not sold out. This gives access to over 120 shows. Pass holders also receive discounts at the Summerhall cafe, restaurant, concessions and bars. As usual the Summerhall programme is excellent. You can check it out here. All that for free.
– Free playtexts for all of the Paines Plough Roundabout plays.
– An end of run party with us so you can celebrate your achievements together before finishing for the season.
WHAT ARE THE ROUNDABOUT SHOWS?
Paines Plough, Sherman Cymru & Theatr Clywd present
LOVE, LIES AND TAXIDERMY by Alan Harris
Paines Plough present
GROWTH by Luke Norris
Paines Plough & Half Moon present
I GOT SUPERPOWERS FOR MY BIRTHDAY by Katie Douglas
Paines Plough and Pentabus present
EVERY BRILLIANT THING by Duncan Macmillan with Jonny Donahoe
Prime Cut productions presents
SCORCH by Stacey Gregg
LEMONS LEMONS LEMONS LEMONS LEMONS by Sam Steiner
Jonny & the Baptists
EAT THE POOR
Katie Bonna and Paul Jellis in association with SOHO Theatre present
ALL THE THINGS I LIED ABOUT by Katie Bonna
Ghost Quartet presents
Fly By Night Productions presents
DES CLARKE’S ALL STAR COMEDY IN AID OF STV CHILDREN’S APPEAL
EARLIER / LATER
A series of early morning and late night one-off shows and events. Coffee and croissants with readings, talks, workshops, debates, insights and special guests. Get your fix of fresh ideas, brave new work and rip-roaring performances.
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
Send a cover letter, CV explaining your relevant experience, and your availability during the festival to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘EDINBURGH FESTIVAL TEAM/[STREET TEAM or VISITOR SERVICES]’. You are more than welcome to apply for both teams in one application, in which case, please use the subject line ‘EDINBURGH FESTIVAL TEAM/BOTH’.
Although we would prefer team members to be around for the whole festival season we are still happy to accept applications from those with a limited availability.
Deadline for applications: Monday 13 June, 12pm
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to our recruitment day in London Thursday 16 June. or in exceptional cases be interviewed by Skype or phone if they cannot attend the recruitment day.
All staff are required to attend one of our training days in either London or Edinburgh. This will be a key opportunity to meet fellow staff and get to know our exciting venue. The training dates are as follows:
- Hackney Showroom, London – Sunday 17th July
- Summerhall, Edinburgh – Friday 29th July
Please note you must be over 18 to apply for this position.
To access the full job description visit the ‘Get Involved’ section on our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!